photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Black Urn Planters Turned White (DIY)

I was looking for a few  white urn planters  to put on the entrance on our new home, but could not find any.  There were some but urns can be very costly.  I found black urns half price when I got home with them my husband did not like it. So I sprayed painted them white.

Here is what I did.


What you need.
- Rust-oleum Stone textured finish spray paint
(for 4 medium size urns I used 8 cans)
- Behr Ultra Lagoon Moss sample
- Behr Ultra Potting Mix sample
- Brush
- A pair of gardener's glove
- A mask

Clean the urns with damp cloth. Then spray each of them two coats evenly.
Let it dry for a couple of hours under the sun.

Take a brush and deep it in Potting Mix paint and wipe the brush gently as we do not want a blob of paint on the urns. Gently brush it over the crevices of the urns. Do not press the brush. Do it all over the urns. Then do the same with the Lagoon Moss paint color. Paying extra attention on the crevices. Let it dry for a few hours or over night and do not put them out door in case it rains.








I really love the black turned white urns now. After a few weeks they even look better like in the  picture below.  And my Verbena have grown on to the side and down the urns. They were very small when I just bought and planted them on the urn (picture above).

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Happy Wednesday Everyone?



1 comment:

  1. Love the pots, they are so pretty and look heavy and out of stone, love the look...I think I am inspired to do the same thing to a couple of mine...thanks for sharing, I loved how they turned out...loved your post, come on over for a visit...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!