photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Baby "Kyna"

I photographed Kyna's Mom when she was in her belly a month a go. So when Neena, Kyna's Mom contacted me telling that Kyna was already born and about 7 days old I was very excited especially she wants me to photograph baby Kyna.

To be honest this was my second time shooting a new born and I am still learning. So prior  the shooting day; I learned as much as I could through internet search and youtube about how to photograph a newborn; including how to wrap the baby, how to pose them, and how to calm them down when they get a little fussy.  On the D day I was super excited as I wanted to photograph a newborn so badly.   But then baby Kyna got very upset and never calm down, so as per her father's request I should just photograph her they way she was and not trying to wrap or pose her. I was a little disappointed but I would not try and force the baby to pose or position her in a certain way when each time we try to start to touch her she woke up kicking and starting to make a funny face. To my surprise the photos was not as bad as I thought it would be.

Then after two days I called Neena asked her if she could come with the baby to do another session again as I wanted to get some perfect poses and pictures of Kyna.  I thought may be I got lucky this time and Kyna is calming down but she has gotten worse than the first session even when the mother was holding her and trying to put her to sleep. I did not hold Kyna because if the mother could not calm her down I knew it won't work with me. 

Neena even hugged Kyna on the posing bed trying to put her to sleep. But when we tried to put the head band or fix the wrapper she started to cry as if she knew we were trying to do something that she did not like. I then started to take pictures of Kyna without the poses I wanted but I love these pictures. And she is so adorable.

This experience will not stop me taking pictures of a newborn. I love to style them, and I love the whole process of photography a newborn; from setting up the backdrop, choosing the right wrapper and head band  to to try to position them in a certain way to get some beautiful pictures. Although I have not there yet; I know one day I will. 

These are the techniques on how to wrap a newborn (here) and (here). I know these techniques just wont work with Kyna, during the session she just won't let you touch her, period! And here is a tip on photograph a fussy newborn (here)


Baby girl head band and flower crown DIY by Ellya last seen  (here), (here) and (here)







Thank you so much for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!