photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Flowers and Details //Living Room//

Welcome to our home in Delray, South Florida!

Although this is a re post I do want to show case our Florida home living room once more time. Particularly the art and details around this room. 

We come here once a month for 7 to 10 days during winter time from November to April in New York. This home is small but it serve the purpose very well since we do not live here permanently.  We enjoy coming to Delray, Florida as we have many friends and enjoy the sunshine when it is cold in New York; and for Steven my husband especially! He loves playing sport outdoor and at the same time  can visit his clients and do some business as well.

As for me - I love just to hang around do some thrift shopping for a diy projects and home decor. Occasionally I do have a photography assignment here but not so often. 

What I wanted to show you is those arts on the wall painted by me. I did it when we just moved into the house almost 5 years a go. I knew I wanted a blue color theme as you can see scatter around the house. I found and bought the picture frames  from a thrift stores around the area. It is so much fun finding treasure around this area. And  if you are patient enough and know where to look, you can find some great  treasure here for a few dollars only. Many of the decoration in this living room I found  through scouring the thrift stores around here.The key is to mix a few DIY and with new furniture and decorative pieces. So not all of these found at thrift stores. Like The table lamp on the right, the side tables (the one on the left I re painted), the blue and white vases, the pear metal pieces as book ends that I re painted a while a go. It is so much fun doing the DIY projects.

In decorating a home, I gravitate to group things together. It is my style. I love grouping pictures on the wall together. And so does the center piece like the blue and white bowl and vases. Grouping is  way of decorating to avoid business with too many things all over the room. 

And as you can see; I love colors. I usually use neutral color (beige) as a center piece and put some accent colors around it.

This home is a budget friendly home and if we by accident break any of these pieces, we can easily replace with another one as they are not costly and always available around this area.

I have posted the living room, master bed room and guest bed room  in the past here, here and here.

So, what is your secret in decorating a home? What is your style? Is color important to you?










Thank you so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, my name is Shanice from the blog City of Creative Dreams. Let me first tell you that I really like your blog. I am just stopping by to tell you that I nominated you for a Liebster Award and will be posting my nominations along with the rules of how this all works on my blog on Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!