photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Perfect French Toast

I do not know why but I eat french toast for breakfast a lot during winter. May be because the smell and taste of cinnamon warm your body and mind during cold winter morning. And with a cup of coffee or tea it is just perfect.

So what is the secret to a delicious french toast? I will answer this question later. But let me tell you a story about how the french toast I ate at a restaurant in Philadelphia inspired me to create my own french toast like on below pictures. Recently Steven and I took a day trip to visit a good friend of mine who lives there. And they brought us to a restaurant in down town Philadelphia to have  brunch. O boy! The french toast is to die for! So to answer the above question - the secret is the 'brown butter'. You see a dollop brownish color butter on top the french toast on the pictures? Yes, that's the one. So if you make your basic french toast which are made of egg, milk and yes bread (challah bread is even better) you must put a dollop of brown butter on the top. It will taste so much better.

The recipe is simple; butter at room temperature + cinnamon + light brown sugar. If you make this in a large quantity you might want to use a mixer  then store in in the refrigerator for future use. You can see my other good recipe for french toast (here).

So this morning I had this again and some oranges. Ahhh so good!




Thank you so much for stopping by!

 P.S.; If you wanted to follow me through FB please follow me at my FB page here. And if you wish to follow me through Google, please follow me here I am going to delete the FB page on this blog sometime in the future as I have another one that I have created - complete story and as to why I am switching the FB page please read; here.Thank you so very much!

2 comments:

  1. Ellya,
    all the sudden I smell cinamon, orange and toasted bread in my house! This is such a delicious post! Your pictures are wonderful! Thank you!
    All my best and a happy happy time
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess....cinnamon is very addictive and delicious. I can eat and smell cinnamon each moment of my life. Thank you so much for your sweetest comment. Have a beautiful evening!

      Best,
      Ellya

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!