photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Thursday, July 30, 2015

//Paris Trip Part Three - Steven and I//

Although I love posing in front of camera - recently I do not feel confidence like I used to when it comes to having my picture taken.

This time is different. This is Paris. And I think I am ready for it, just for the fun. 

But wait a minute! Who is going to be the photographer? Yes, it will be Steven. He does not like this job at all. But since at home, I promised him that it will be easy and he will not be taking pictures all the time. And he agreed.

Ideally I would like to take picture of a model in the street of Paris. But I do not have anybody but me. At one time in my life and as mentioned earlier I love being my picture taken. And I was not shy about it, but that was many years a go. So this time I planned in advance in my head what type of photography I wanted. And the type of clothing I wanted to wear during the shoot. Again, this is just for fun and curious about how it goes.

So let's take a look at them.


Recently Steven brought our rented storage boxes into our home. Between Steven and I we collected so many junks. So prior to this trip I opened one box and found a vintage fabric that I bought when I was a student about 15 years a go. It was actually a curtain panel. When saw it again, I said to myself that this would be great as a skirt. So I searched on youtube (here) about how to create the flaired pleated skirt. And I sewn the fabric into a skirt that I am wearing on below photograph. And I like the DIY skirt very much!




You see the pink back bow top? I also sewn the top myself. The material bought at Jo Ann fabrics. The cullotes bought at Forever 21.

These pictures was taken a block or two a way from our hotel. And the last 2 days we were in Paris; it was raining a lot.

I taught Steven on how to use the camera. Although they were not perfect like I had in mind - Steven did a great job. It is hard for someone who never even hold this type of camera to use it. The composition is not right. The Parisian building in the background was not in the picture.  The bokeh is not there and is not sharp as this camera is very sensitive. One must be still while pressing the release button and takes practice to be able to do this in order to get the sharp focus.  But I am happy that he is patient enough with me to do this shoot. I think he did a good job, right?


At The Marche aux Puces St Ouen.

Having pizza at Marche aux Puce de Paris

At Sacre Coeur

The Arc de Triomphe was near our hotel. So we started our trip from the metro station Charles de Gaulle Etoile a lot and we go where ever we wanted to go from there.

July is the busiest tourists season in Paris. We went to de Louvre because Steven wanted to see Monalisa. But we could not even get near it. And the museum is so big that we thought we can never get out of that museum after we have seen and walked around a lot in that museum. If you ever visited Musee du Louvre, please wear the thinnest outfit and comfortable shoes like sneakers because there is no air condition in there and with a lot of tourists, each hall was a little bit hot and humid.
 Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!