photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Friday, September 28, 2012

Breakfast Delight {French Toasts + Apple Compote}

Today is one of those days;  dark and raining ! 

I woke up and on walked slowly to the kitchen and thought to myself; was I dreaming about French Toast last night ?

Yes ! French toast !

After cutting the apples, whisking the eggs, frying the toasts; found out that I ran out of Maple Syrup ! Ooops !

Said to myself, "not too worry!"

I cooked butter and brown sugar under low heat, put dash of cinnamon and nutmeg; voila...I got myself a delicious maple syrup substitute.

And ohh, so yummy !!












- Recipe -

French Toast & Apple Compote
~ half of an apple
~ 4 loafs of white bread
~ 1/4 cup of 1% milk
~ cinnamon
~ nutmeg
~ pinch of salt
~ 2 eggs
~ 3 tbsp low fat butter for syrup plus for frying the toasts and more for cooking the apple and toasts.
~ 1/2 tbsp brown sugar

1. Cut apple into bite size. 2. Heat butter and sautee the apple. 3. Add pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook until apple become soft and tender. Put a side. 4. Whisk eggs and milk and put pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg  {I like to put a little more of cinnamon and nutmeg because I love the taste of it. Use your own judgement on this.}  5. Add pinch of salt. 6. Take a new frying pan heat the butter and dip 2 loafs of bread in eggs and fry them. Cook them on both sides until golden brown. Put a side. 7. Using the same pan as the one from cooking the apple; put 3 tbsp of butter on a low heat, add brown sugar and pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg. Stirring well until all combined about 5 to 10 minutes. 8. Arrange french toast on a plate, apple compote and drizzling with butter brown sugar syrup.

~~~~

Thank you for reading !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!