photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Cocktail Party for Friends in Delray, Florida

Steven {hubby} & I have been wanting to have a cocktail party for our Florida friends for a  long time. Finally we did it last Friday evening. Most of our friends here in Florida have not seen our home since we have been moving in for almost 2 years now. We did some complete renovations and re-do of bathrooms, took down the popcorn ceiling, complete renovation of the kitchen, repaint the entire home, put crown mouldings around the ceiling and floors, changed the wall to wall carpet to laminate floors in the two bedrooms, etc.
We love coming here just to spend 1 week each month during the winter months from October/November to March/April. Steven loves to play sports outdoor, he is an avid tennis player and loves playing golf with his friends. I love flea markets and thrifting around this area. And of course we love meeting our friends and dining out in the evening.
For this party; I already plan the menu a head from New York. When we arrived here I started to get organize like buying platters for dishes, how are going to serve food, etc.  We did not have much since this is our second home. But I love setting up a party !
I knew I am going to put the finger food displayed on our dining table. Since I did not have large table cloth; I bought 2 yards inexpensive simple cream color material {USD 4.50 per yard) from  home decor fabric store. It was perfect for a table cloth. The center-piece was  spray rose flowers arrangements in a tall glass vase surrounded by upside down wine glasses with candles sits on the top. I put one petal flowers inside the glass in the bottom.  I really love this center-piece, especially at night when the candles lid up ! It was pretty !

Hosting a party is not an easy task. But if you plan way a head it will be much easier. And that is what I did.
I got these wine goblets from Goodwill for USD 0.99 each. They are tall, short with different type or design on the glass. It is nice when they are all a little different. Goodwill is a good store to buy things like these for party decor. You just use your own imagination. You can get vases, candles, bowls, food platters, serving spoons. Go there with lots of creativity, you will get cool stuff!


That's my parents in-law !




I put an array of cheese on a slate tile that I bought from Home Depot for USD 1.50/each. It is a nice and unique way to display assortment of cheese since the slate tile color are mostly black and the cheese are mostly white in color. I wrote each cheese's titles on a small cards and put them next to the cheese. I love this style on how to display cheese in a party. It is fun and pretty on the table with other finger food.

That's the number of our unit; 914 !





The highlight of this occasion was that an old friend from Jakarta, Indonesia came to visit from L.A. We went down memory lane together, smiling and giggling about all the things we did together when were living there many years a go. We were trying to remember all of our friends and mentioned bunch of names and wondered what had happened to them. So it was a lovely moments with Tina {on the left of picture}

I am glad the party is over and everyone enjoyed the food and got to know each other.  Now the journey of decorating our Florida home is continuing.  
Thank you for reading !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!