photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Monday, August 12, 2013

Home Made Anthro Inspired Throw Pillows {DIY}


I am very happy that finally our home is in contract right now. Which means we are half way of selling our home. Since this is a coop; at this point there is no guarantee that we sold our home just yet.  Coop has board members that must approve new buyer. Since everything is going smoothly so far; I can honestly say that we are going to move out from our current home in a few months to come.

I am little bit sad leaving this home since I am very used to everything around this area. It is near the train station to go to Manhattan; 5 minutes walk to the train station and 35 minutes later I am in the middle of Manhattan. But we do need a slight larger home. 

As a token of 9 years happy times that we have been spending in this house; I am starting to photograph corners of our home. I thought it would be nice to look back in the future. 

At this point there is no reason to upgrade or do anything more in this house since we are going to move out. Still I need  to spruce up a little here and there and enjoy our last moment in our current home.

Today I started out with these throw pillows that I have been wanting to create and finally had time to do it. They were inspired by Anthropologie. They are very easy to make. I included tutorial; here.


Anthropologie Lanai Floor Pillow; here.









I think the tassels need to be larger in comparison to the size of pillows. So if you are going to create tassels for pillow; please consider the size of tassels and with the size of the pillow it self.

Hope you had a fantastic week end.
Happy Monday Everyone!!



 photo Linkedto_zps7da192d4.jpg
 MONDAY
 Piggy in Polka Dots {Party In Polka Dots} by Shelley
Twelve O Eight {Inspiration Monday} by Tanya
Lines Across {Monday Funday} by Rachel
Sumo's Sweet Stuff by Sumo
It's So Very Chery
Homemaker On A Dime 
Creative Mondays
Colours Dekor
The Dedicated House {Make It Pretty Monday} by Kathryn

TUESDAY
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
The Blackberry Vine 
Lady Bug Blessings
Not Just A Housewife
Cup Cakes And Crinoline 
Our Delightful Home 

WEDNESDAY
The Blissful Bee 
The NY Melrose Family
Savvy Southern Style
Raegun Ramblings
The Shady Porch
The Trendy Tree House 
Clean And Scentsible
Lil' Luna 
Green Willow Pond
Creations by Kara
The 36th Avenue

THURSDAY
52 Mantels 
2 Yellow Birds Decor 
The Charm of Home 
 Creating an Artful Home 
French Country Cottage 
My Romantic Home
Chic on a Shoe String Decorating 
Liz Marie Blog
One Artsy Mama 

FRIDAY
Dear Creatives
If It's Not Baroque
Anything Blue Friday 
A night Owl
Craftberry Bush 
Happy Hour Project 
Diana Rambles 
Truly Lovely 

SATURDAY

Suburbs Mama {Suburbs Mama Sunday} by Rita
Nifty Thrifty Things {Nifty Thrifty Sunday} by Vanessa
Flamingo Toes {Think Pink Sunday} by Bev
Pink When
I Heart Nap Time {Sundae Scoop}
Twigg Studios  {Sunday Show Off} by Aimee
Crafts A la Mode 

17 comments:

  1. Your pillow is just beautiful. Anthro is a good one for inspiration. Good luck with the sale of your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pillows, love to see your picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pillows are just too cute! Good luck on the sale of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these pillows - they are so bright and cheerful! I just came back from Manhattan yesterday - you're so lucky to live closeby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! Thanks for following. Cute, cute. I'm following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fabrics, and the colors are wonderful I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party that is ongoing.http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/08/177th-inspire-me-tuesday.html Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my.. lovely choice of fabric there.. and the colours look stunning too..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pillows! Good luck with selling your home. I hope it goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your pillows better than Anthros -- the fabrics are so lovely! Good luck on the sale of your home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so pretty and stylish love it
    come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks great! from what I can see of your space, I really like your home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anthro has nothing on you! Your pillows are lovely. It is inspiring that you continue to fluff your nest even when you plan to move. Best of luck on selling your home and finding the home of your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your better!

    XO,
    CorinnaAshley.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these! You will be one of the features today at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are very nice! I can use these tips to make my stay in Charlotte corporate housing feel more like home. I frequently travel back and forth to my work's corporate headquarters so I stay there for an extended period of time. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!