photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Monday, January 6, 2014

Silk Flower Crowns {DIY}

A month a go I obsessed in making these silk flower crowns. 

I did not make them for me; I made them for my model or client to wear for a photo shoot. I imagined a baby girl, toddlers, young girls, teenagers or adult wearing these flower crowns and silk flower head bands.

I have a soft spot for girls with long hair wearing these flower crowns and  taking picture of them during one sunny afternoon  outdoor like these images I am collecting on Pinterest (here). I even created some for a new born baby girl.

  I want to create a beautiful whimsical picture of a girl wearing this head pieces outdoor when the soft sun is shining on her. What would be nice as well is to photograph a young girls around the age of 7 or 8 wearing these pieces, or even a teenage girls would be lovely. Don't you think!  I have yet to find such young girl who is willing to be my model and can work together to carry out my vision.

I actually like taking a part vintage silk millinery flowers I bought from Ebay and turned them into a flower crown like these, but it is hard to find  and they are quite costly even on Ebay (here). So I have to take other alternative which I bought silk flower at Michaels (here). I know the silk flowers there a bit stiff and bright in color. I have to be extra careful in mixing them so they look natural and pretty on a person.










I created this flower crown out of a dried fresh spray roses.


I am sorry I edited this post because I forget to put these two vintage flower crowns I created the very first time. They are 100% made out of vintage millinery flowers. You might have seen them before on my blog and pinterest (here and here)





These are for a new born baby girl. Those are tiny vintage silk
 flowers from a doll. These little vintage flower crowns adorned with tiny vintage flowers all around the wiring.  The wiring  wrapped with soft ribbon and it is soft and safe against  baby's head.
 


The side flower head bands are also for newborn baby girl. I attached a piece of felt on the back of the flowers so it will be soft and safe against baby's head.

Because of the size of the flowers; I think these will be beautiful for a teenager or an adult.

I am thinking to create a wide head  band with sewn in beads  like the one I saw on a television show 'Boardwalk Empire'. They look so lovely. And I am sure it will be fun for a young women to wear for a photo shoot. What would be fun for me (as a photographer)  is to deliver and see a person transformed into someone so beautiful wearing one of a kind piece on a photograph. I think a part from being a photographer I like the styling aspect equally. I would love for me to be photographed wearing these head pieces that I created, may be one day! But for now, these are for them.

Thank you so much for stopping by!






1 comment:

Thank you for your comment!