photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Monday, June 30, 2014

Our New Living Room/Home

Just an update that we are now in our new home. And it has been a week since we are moving in.

I can't believe we are finally here. It took us 3 years to get where we are from trying to sell the old house and finding this new home. 

This house is almost 4 times larger than our previous home. We built a new kitchen, bought new appliances, remodeled the bathrooms, and changed the entire floors. We bought new furniture, some already in the house and some are still in the way or being ordered. Still we need to order a mantel, chandelier, a hood for the stove.

We have a new kitchen cabinets but the granite counter top still being made so I have not cooked since we moved in this new home. Good thing is everything is so large that we have so much space now. 

I also into  gardening these days. I have not done much with the garden but putting a small annual flowers in the urns to decorate the entrance. I also bought some geranium since most flower pots already there left by the previous owner.  I never knew that gardening can be so much fun and therapeutic. I love seeing the bud is coming out and finally blooming like my hydrengea that I planted almost 2 months a go is starting to bloom.

Well, these pictures are  the new living room and dining in one big space in the house. Some of the furniture being put there are temporarily until we order a new one  like the coffee table is on the way.












I created two inspiration boards for the living area. I bought a pair of an old chairs almost 10 years a go at Ebay for USD 40.00 and it has been sitting in the storage. I thought they deserve some make over since the cushion is very old and is really in bad shape. I always wanted a neutral beige sofas with a pop of color on this type of chairs to compliment and to brighten the room. I am thinking to re-cover the chairs with a deep teal color and repaint the wooden frame with silver or off white color. They will position on the side of the sofa and a love seat will be positioned on the other side.

These boards has two set of color of throw pillows. I love bright colors to give a punch to the neutral colors in the room. Those 3 intaglios arts were made by me a few years a go. I was going to sell them on Etsy but never get to do it. So now they will be decorating the living room.

Initially I wanted to do the the pink, grey and black color combo on my working space/studio. But now I kind a love those colors in the living room.





So what do you think about these two boards?  Which one do you like most? I really need your input. And I thank you so much for that.

And this is one of the chairs. Today I was trying to take off the whole cushion but I gave up. I did pulled out about 200 hundreds little nails out of it.

This house still need a lot of things to be done. But hey, "Rome was not built in a day" right? I have not done anything with my working space/studio yet. There are many more important things need to be done so the studio will be the last.

Thank you so much for stopping by. 
Happy Monday Everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!